Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Truth Part 1

The truth is I knew the whole time that I was having a girl. 

It was hard not to burst with excitement I would get my little ballerina baby to all the dance moms.
I loved decorating her room with glitter and ruffles and Wizard of Oz.
I had the best time keeping it a secret. Who would have thought there would be a Hurley girl? HA! Fooled you all.

Also, it is true that I made up a fake boy name to tell people. HA HA
Take that.

In addition, it is true that I cropped out the ruby red glitter bows and black tutu crib skirt in the pictures of the nursery I put on instagram and Facebook. Along with the Wicked Witch leg lamp.
 HA HA HA


Along with the crochet baby booties made to look like Dorothy's blue socks and ruby slippers AND the crochet Dorothy lovey doll that a classmate surprised me with the month before I had Piper.

It is also true that we did not ever have a name set in stone until basically the day I had her. Yup. Parents of the year right there. On the other hand, our baby girl is indeed a Piper. She has quite the set of pipes which I have read is a typical nickname of those named Piper. I'm cool with it. It's better than "Hannah Banana" or "Hannah Montana." Spare me the rest if you don't mind.

The only nickname I have stuck with is Hannah Belle. My daddy calls me that to this day, and my Poppa calls me "Puddin." Again, I'm 22 years old and am perfectly content with it and wouldn't change it for the world.

Another truth is my newfound addiction to pedicures and a fresh manicure. There was no better thing while pregnant than getting a good pedicure and sitting in a massage chair for 45 minutes. My swollen ankles thanked me and I'm sure my nurses appreciated my perfectly maintained toesies while I was in the hospital. They were quite lovely with my red glitter polish.

Lastly, I had/have an addiction to Cancun Mexican Restaurante. I grew my child on Mexican food, coke, ice cream, and chocolate milk. A little insight- before I was pregnant you couldn't pay me to drink milk, and ice cream made my stomach hurt. My last trimester I ate Cancun atleast once a week along with a hot fudge sundae for lunch accompanied by a gallon of chocolate milk lasting 3-4 days. The week before Piper arrived I think we ate Cancun 4 times actually.

For real the last truth... I gained 24 lbs my entire pregnancy. The last month I actually lost 2.5 lbs so that brings a grand total of 26.5 lbs. I left the hospital on December 10th a total of 18 lbs lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment