Thursday, February 12, 2015

So then...

After Andy arrived to the hospital, the nurse did just like she said and took him straight to Piper in the nursery. He actually got to be the first to put a pacifier in her mouth. After he got in there and saw her, he texted his mom letting her know "Our baby girl is here."

Immediately following, there was a response.
A panicked and confused response of...
"WHAT?"
"EXPLAIN?"
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"

He looked at the nurse; "I should probably make some phone calls."

He never realized that I didn't have time to call anyone else but him.

He called his mom who then called my mom.

Come to find out, my mom was in the check out line at Walmart visiting with folks.
"She had an appointment at 1:20pm and she hasn't even texted me back."
"Watch, they're probably off having a baby without me."
"blah ba blah...."

She then got to her car to find missed calls and texts from Andy's mom that we've had a baby and to head to Eldo.

My mother proceeded to call my dad who then met up with her to speed on to the hospital. They then called all the grandparents who also proceeded to fall in line to head East.

After tracking down my mom, it was a challenge to find my father-in-law on the bus route he was covering to who knows where. After tracking him down, they promptly headed to meet their grandbaby. 

Needless to say, they were all in quite the panic I believe. At that point all anyone knew was that I had a c-section. No one knew for what reason except for it was an emergency, but at that moment all was right with the world. Baby girl was here and healthy, and I was in no pain thanks to my nifty little button. 

No comments:

Post a Comment