Thursday, February 5, 2015

Post Partum and Counting

Today I am 8 weeks postpartum with an almost 2 month old. For those who are not new to motherhood, you're right- time unfortunately flies like that of a supersonic jet and the next time I turn around she'll be 22. I personally dislike the terms "postpartum." It sounds so depressing- why not 8 weeks of joy, laughter, giggles, snuggles, late night pajama parties( ie late night feedings and diaper changing), etc.. But they didn't ask my opinion when they coined that term. So now for the big question- Why start a blog now? Why not during your pregnancy? Why after 2 months do you decide to write something?

Well, that would be because it has taken me almost 2 months to come to terms and fully understand the birth of our child, and be okay with it. It makes me feel better honestly. I feel better talking about it. 

The day I "gave birth" to our perfect little miracle- I'm a tad partial- I only knew something was wrong inside my body. At the time I did not know if my child was alive, I did not know I was in danger myself, and I did not know I would be rushed into an operating room within 5 minutes of being sent to labor and delivery. On the other hand, I can not express how grateful I am that I was rushed into that operating room and that minutes separated my child and myself from life or death. It may sound strange, but I am thankful for the ever-changing testimony God has given me. I am thankful to be able to use this experience as a testimony of how only divine intervention saved mine and my child's life that afternoon.

For this I am grateful, and I can not say it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment