Saturday, February 7, 2015

I Won't Have It

My favorite comedian is Tim Hawkins. We have most of his DVDs and one of his bits is about his mother and her favorite "lines" from when he was a kid. Among these is my favorite "I won't have it." Won't have what? IT. 

I have a feeling my child will say the same thing about me. "My mom used to say she wouldn't have it, but I never understood what IT is." 

Back to my needle reference from earlier posts- my feelings exactly. I won't nor would I have it. And I didn't have to have one at all. God is good. No epidural/spinal thingy whatsoever. 

Yippie skippy- another Tim Hawkins reference. Watch the DVDs. They're the bomb. 

No needles for me folks and I couldn't be happier. All went smoothly and I was told everything looked good. We could go home! The best words I had ever heard at that point.  3 days in the hospital were all too much for me and my poor 6'5 husband. The poor man had to curl up to fit in the vinyl covered chair converted to a bed and I couldn't have been more sympathetic as I was snug as a bug in my abundantly comfy hospital bed with adjustable incline and 20 pillows and blankets. Oh and did I mention the cuffs on my legs to prevent blood clots? Instant and continuous leg massage. One of the perks of surgery along with the compression socks. Yes I'm the weirdo that loved them, sue me. 

So what did I request as my first food outside the hospital as we left Eldorado city limits?

Oreo Mcflurry. Mini sized. 

After 3 days of jello, pudding, and the ever delicious strained potato soup, this was like eating a slice of what I think Heaven might taste like if it were in some sort of miniature edible form. 
I enjoyed it the entire 50 minutes back to Lamartine, and you would have thought I was arriving in Emerald City when we rounded into the driveway with all the excitement built up in that car. Finally, home with our baby girl. 
Sooooo now what?


No comments:

Post a Comment