Thursday, September 15, 2016

Let Me Tell Ya' Bout' My Sista-Frand

You heard me. My sista-frand. Within a year she'll be my sista-in-law. Legally sistas. Not sisters.

Today is my bsff, Best Sista Frand Forever, I.E. my sweet precious Katelyn's birthday.
She is 21 on this fine Thursday in September.
I promised a sappy birthday post, but guess what...
Feel special. You got a blog post. You are welcome.

This lady is my go to when it's time to shop, drop, and roll.
She is my go to when I need a female friend to talk to about who knows what is going through my mind at that moment from something funny that's happened with Piper or a crazy day at school.
She is also my go to when it's time to vent, be upset, or get serious about some topics.
She is also my go to when it's pool day and a good day to eat Cancun chips and salsa.

Let me share our friend-story....

Once upon a time, I worked the desk at KDAS and I met her when she was a dancer there.

Fast forward....
2013.
I'm 20 and she's 17. It's May. I beg her to meet my then good friend and now brother in law.
They start dating. Fast forward to a few months ago and they get engaged and she got a puppy with a diamond ring around it's neck. OMG.

Now I literally and legally get to call her family. She's a go getter, a lover, a fighter, a smarty pants, literally a smarty pants- the girl is some kind of genius environmental chemistry major and is graduating early.... insert wide eyed OMG face.... she is also kind, hilarious, scary and sometimes too honest, and most importantly she loves her neice, my Piper, very very much.

So in saying that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my most favorite people ever and soon to be REAL sista-in-law! I have no idea what I would be or where I would be or what I would do without you! Thanks for being my person and our family loves you big!


No comments:

Post a Comment