Friday, September 16, 2016

Fridays

In high school, Fridays were my favorite.
Not just because it was the weekend, but because it was usually a ballgame and pep rally, and chance to participate in something whether it was do my job as mascot, cheer, make signs, or go to an out of town game.
Game days were in general my favorite because of everything going on.

Being a teacher, Fridays are still my favorite.

Yes it's the end of the work week, but being a teacher of juniors and seniors at MHS, Fridays are eventful and have a seriously positive vibe.

As a teacher, now I get to look for my students in the band, sidelines, color guard, dancing, cheering, and in the stands.
I still get to cheer on our town's beloved Panthers, but in a new way. I get to cheer on my kids, which is so cool to me.
They come to me asking if I'm coming to the game, where do I sit, am I going to watch the band, do I know their jersey numbers, etc.. etc.....
Today they even took the opportunity between bells to make my dry erase board an advertisement for where the new student section is, complete with a diagram of the stadium and list of appropriate colors to wear for the night's theme of USA.


Love my job.
Have I mentioned that?
Fridays we wear jeans with our spirit shirts and show our Panther pride.
JEANS PEOPLE... do you know how major that is?
BUT, overall- what better job to have than one you love and feel a rewarding happiness when your students succeed not only in their academics in your class, but  outside the classroom in sports, military, band, church, and a million other things.
It's also pretty great when they come back and want to tell you all about it.
Yes I've only been teaching a month, but these are my kids. I can't help but be proud and be proud of my employment. I can't imagine what it will feel like to have been teaching 20 years and hopefully have kids come back and tell me about what's going on in their lives.
That's the kind of impact I want to have, and I think it's the kind of impact we all strive for as teachers.
After I started working as an educator, I realized things my most despised teachers did really helped me and prepared me for where I am. There are things I want to thank them for, and one day soon I hope to do that.

So here's my question...
How bout' them Panthers?

No comments:

Post a Comment