Saturday, September 17, 2016

Arkansas vs. Texas State

So there's a ballgame on tonight.
Sweet husband is working, but from what I hear it's the Razorbacks playing Texas State.

Am I watching it?
Nope.
Why?
Ever heard of the saying "pick your battles"?
Princess Pi won her battle this evening with her overpowering of the television via the superpower of banshee like screaming and tears.

In that situation when it's over a simple thing like tv... I'm letting that go.
If it occupies her, I'ma let that sleeping dog lie.
It's her way of reminding me that I should be unloading the dishwasher, doing laundry, or cleaning something anyways.

It works...

I rearranged a couple things, wrote a blog before this one, and got a couple things put up.

What was she pitching a hissy about anyways you ask?

That dadgum,  ghastly purple, heathen dinosoar....

I can hear my mother right now.... I had this coming, I'm paying for my raisin', etc., etc., etc.
Yes Stayce, you are correct.

Let's put it this way, there was a Christmas that I refused presents until I watched Baaaaaarney.

I got myself into this.
So what did my genius self do? Found a Barney dvd in the $5 dolla' bin at the Walmart.
Genius... Way to go Hannah.

Although, my child refers to Barney as "Ah-Ah" as in "If all the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops oh what a rain that would be. Standing outside with my mouth open wide...."
"AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH ..." And probably some more Ah's in there somewhere.

We have restarted the dvd about 3 times since we got home around 5:30.

I admit it. It's my own fault.
So kids here's my piece of advice...
If you had a favorite dvd or movie that drove your parents bonkers...
9 times out of 10 you will be reliving those glory days with your own children.

Have patience. Go with it.
Dance like an idiot. Sing in funny voices.

It's better the second time around anyways.



No comments:

Post a Comment