Monday, March 23, 2015

My "Bright" Idea

So back about a year ago I had what I thought was the most brilliant idea- repaint the horrid maroon kitchen in our home. That's all fine and dandy. 
The problem?
Orange. Bright. High. Gloss. Orange. 
5 coats of it to cover the previously maroon walls.  
The other problem? 
The rest of the house is covered in flat matte paint. 
Oof. 
It looked like Halloween vomitted. 
To everyone who politely told me it was cool. Shame on you... Whyyyyyyyy
The only thing I can think of that made me think it was a wonderful idea?
The fact I was unknowingly pregnant. 
Yes I was 2 months along when I painted the kitchen. 
Pregnancy brain. It really is a thing...  
I painted it actually a week or so before I took my ten billion pregnancy tests. 
That's the only thing I can think that would have made me believe thatorange  kitchwn was so pretty...
I honestly cannot express how horrible it was. 
So in the midst of finishing this shabby chic meets cow pow renovation my mom graciously helped me rid our home of the terror of orange paint by covering it with the same light gray that the rest of the house is painted. 
And now it is finished

A whole new world folks. 
And now today we are working on curtains. 
The material for in here to go with my neutral Coton Colors? 
Voila. 

And then to address the couch situation. 
Ready. Set. Break. {claps hands loudly}



No comments:

Post a Comment