Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Our Side of the Fence

https://lifeonthissideofthefence.wordpress.com/2016/11/10/far-from-uneducated/

The article above popped up on my facebook newsfeed.

Being a farmer's wife...yes I said it....

My heart melted reading it.

It's true. Sorry folks, but it is.

So I'm going to expand on it.

I do not have a degree in anything agriculturally related nor have I ever thought that I would have anything to ever do with agriculture besides eat beef, chicken, and veggies.
Then I married a farmer.
I dated and married someone who ran chicken houses, grew watermelons, bales hay, and still runs cows.
He drives tractors, pulls calves when necessary, medicates cows, knows how to grow a variety of plants, and is ultimately a jack of all trades.
On top of that, he is a chemical operator at a bromine plant, and has a 4 year ag-business degree.

He is a vet, farmer, operator, chemist, botanist, mechanic, and maid all in one.
Now tell me that he is of the "uneducated" breed.
Tell me this breed is the one who went to the polls blindly and just went with the first person on the ballot.
Tell me this breed is "alive and well." Tell me the "good ole' boys" are thriving.
Tell me that and you're a liar...

The men and women of the rural areas that put food on our tables were tired of the markets dropping, tired of their profit that (I personally know and have seen) they work 14 hour days for (sometimes more) being taken in taxes by the government, and tired of being low man on the totem pole so to speak.

It was time for their voice to be heard because they needed a change. They showed up.
Some may not like it, but do you want grass fed beef, organic eggs, and such to put in your nice 31 cubic foot fridge?
That's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment