Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Home Redo Update

Thus far...  The bedroom is finished thanks to my mom's handiwork with a sewing machine- new pillows and curtains 

And new curtains in the dining area and kitchen

And oh yea I covered my "bright idea." Thank the Lord. Hallelujah.
We now have a calm neutral colored kitchen with fun accents- ie my obsessiveness with Coton Colors and the newest addition to the collection. THE leopard bowl. Omg. 

 
By no means am I a fabulous photographer... I made a B in that class. 

Actualy pictures of complete room redos will come as soon as I put the seal of approval on them, but right now I'm a little too excited about my latest DIY project that saved quite the pretty penny. 

After getting rid of the big comfy couch- thank you Lee family for removing it from our living room and giving it a new home- we brought in our loveseat from the mancave/hunting room/extra thing. We have gone back and forth about what to do with it and so after watching a youtube video I gathered some gumption and said here we go. With my handy staple gun and 3 sets of Walmart curtains I began recovering the loveseat. 
Now how did I figure it out? I made it up as I went. That's how. 
What I did to one side, I cut the same pattern for the other. 
No it isn't upholstery fabric, but what 22 yr old honestly has $500 laying around to play with to buy 10 yards of fabric for an old loveseat along with another couple hundred to pay someone to recover it for them? 
No says I. 
So as I said. I watched my video and away we went. 
I truely think Andy thought I was going to ruin the thing.
I partly thought I would too, but this time I wouln't have pregnancy to blame my brilliance on. 
BUT my brilliance was actually brilliance this time.
Booyah. 
The only downfall was that I needed one morw curtain for the last 2 cushions. Other than that, it's pretty spectacular if I do say so myself. 

Yes. I still have everything strewn out trying to find things a home. 
Ignore it. 
I'm pretty proud of the $30 couch redo. So still sticking with my design on a dime, I'm awaiting the delivery of a lampshade, 3 pillows, and the new curtains from walmart.com. Stay tuned for finished products. 






1 comment: