Thursday, October 6, 2016

Throw Back

Tomorrow I'm in for a throwback.... along with every other MHS teacher.

Ya'll it's 90's day... (insert wide-eyed emoji)

How did it ever come to this? 90's as a decade dress up day?

What's cracking me up is the students asking what the 90's was? Afros and big glasses?
No honey. Sit down.

Will the real 90's child please stand up?

Ahem.. Cough*Cough*

Remember I said child.

So what did I do?
Got on that handy dandy Amazon.com and ordered the original butterfly clippies for my hair, got me a pair of white keds, non-ankle socks, jacket to tie around my waist, and just going to throw on a pair of skinny jeans- no tight rolling needed.

Yes I was born in 92' but I remember the jean and denim everythings, the butterfly clips in sections of hair, white tennis shoes with EVERYTHING, overalls, Tommy Hilfiger, keds of all kinds, straight leg pants, jackets tied, baggy pants, Spice Girls, NSYNC*, TLC, Cotton Candy-Sweet'n'Low-finish that sentence.

As a math teacher you know we're all about bell to bell baby. Bell to bell.
It's 90's day so one must play it up.
We're going with it tomorrow now.
Everyone loves a good carousel activity to music, so why not do one with 90's inspired tunes? On 90's day. Absolutely.
We're doing transformations of graphs so...
 To the left, to the left, to the right, to the right, now slide, slide....

We just might have to end the day with some Casper Slide  just for kicks.

Tomorrow will be another great day to be a panther as always. Except in classic 90's style.

No comments:

Post a Comment