Thursday, July 30, 2015

Big Girls Don't Cry

I get somewhat sentimental with certain things.

Cars for example.
I get attached.
Kind of.

We go through alot together.

When I was 16 my parents surprised me with a brand new red Chevrolet cobalt.
It was a little vroom vroom car.
I had a lot of memories to go along with it.
Cruising the sonic, football games, basketball games, riding around with friends, driving off to college...driving home from college.
And then I convinced my dad I needed something different, convinced him I had it sold (which I did), and got my newish 2010 Limited Ford Escape.
I was a little sad to see my little red car go, but on to more mature ventures I told myself.

I was so proud of myself.
It even had the fancy lights inside that changed color and the upgraded leather seats.

The deal was I paid the difference in the car notes.

So my freshman year of college I got the black escape to tote around the kids I babysat, Texarkana shopping sprees, furniture, my first grocery shopping trip after Andy and I got married, drove back and forth to my baby appointments, drove Piper home from the hospital, and more.

Then the black beauty turned on me...
After a faithful 5 years we had to part ways.

Thank heavens...

After the stupid thing ate my Gaither Vocal Band Christmas cd I was done.
Then it got worse.
The air quit... in the middle of July.

That wasn't going to work out commuting 15-20 min everyday with a 7 month old, and riding with the windows down wasn't my thing.
Too much noise and smells. Ew.

SO on a Friday morning... a week without cold air... on the way to work I had had enough of the Escape's shenanigans and decided I was not going to pour money into this thing to fix all its wrong doings when I could spend the same money on a newer car.

SO after consulting with the husband on my lunch break, I got the green light to look.

Me being me, 10 minutes into "looking", I saw what I wanted and I had my mind set on it and I wasn't going to be happy til I got it.

I went and spoke to the fabulous salesman at the Magnolia Motor Company, took the car for a test drive, let him check mine out, and ran some numbers.

I was sold. Bye bye black car.

HELLO newer white Ford Fusion Titanium.

Hey, all or nothing-leather, pretty colored lights, touch screen, push button start, remote start. Hallelujah it has air conditioning too.

SO on the following Monday morning I traded in the treacherous thing and took possession of my new found companion on my commutes to town and other adventures.

Who could argue with averaging 28-34 to the gallon?
Especially driving highway every day both ways.

SO needless to say, I was not sad and teary eyed to see the SUV go and switch back to a car.
No I don't miss "all the room". What room? I have more room in the trunk of this car than I did in the Escape? Serious. No lie.
Andy can even fit more comfortably in it too.

Now the adventures begin in the white car.
Vroom. Vroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment