Thursday, June 25, 2015

Catch Up Part Something...

So it has been a while since I have actually thought about blogging. Not going to lie.

There have been birthdays, lazy days, work, grocery trips, lake trips, church going, vacation Bible school, lots of house cleaning (hahahahaha not really), and lots of growing.

Yes I said growing.

Since my last blog during recital week, our child has turned 5 months old and then 6 months old a few weeks ago.

Holy moly folks.
At her 6 month appointment, Pipes was a whopping 27 in. long and 18lbs. On the dot....
She is my child.
For those who know me, they know that I hate uneven numbers with point this or half that or fraction business. I want it to the point and concise.
It is only fitting she is precise on the mark.

The only thing not quite so precise on the mark is her milestones.

I'm afraid we will walk before we crawl.
Let me rephrase that... Piper is determined to walk before she crawls.
Yes, she is determined to walk. No crawling necessary- she feels that's for babies.

At 4 1/2 months we notices her trying to balance and sit up completely on her own.
A month later that was mastered and she could sit on the floor and play all on her own- reaching for toys and going about her business.

*It is quite the wonderful thing to have a child who entertains herself.

By 6 months old, she was pulling up to stand when we held her hands.
As of this week, she can pull up to stand on her own and tries to let go and stand on her own.
That scenario doesn't exactly turn out on the positive side yet, BUT...

YESTERDAY
as Piper pulled up on my hands, she took 4 steps forward...

That is impressive...Although I am a tad partial being she is my child.

Also, we like to make noises to hear ourselves. Ranging from screeching, screaming, and outright hollering to grunting, oooing, and a funny little diddy where she purses her lips like she's trying to spit.

There's the catch up on Piper for the past 2 months.

Now let's catch up on some opinions I've had lately.
Proceed to the next entry and take a right.

No comments:

Post a Comment